Storms and Little Warning
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Northern Summit County can handle any size disaster.
When severe weather breaks, storm water builds up on streets, near lakes, rivers, and local storm control channels. Should storm water begin to accumulate around your house, here are a few easy steps that may help protect your home:
- Make sure all windows are closed tightly – especially check windows in your basement area
- Move valuables to higher ground
- Continuously monitor the sump pump (if you have one) to verify that it is operating properly
- Make sure to secure any outside furniture or decorations that can become airborne with high winds
- Cover basement window wells to help divert water from pooling inside the well
- Make sure to pick items off the floor that may get damaged from water exposure
- Keep your shoes, car keys, and family emergency kit near the door
Safety should always be your main focus when faced with storm water.
- Do not walk through moving water, as even 6’ of water is enough force to knock you off your feet
- Stay away for flood waters as it is contaminated and unhealthy and may pose health hazards
- People or vehicles in flooded areas can hamper Emergency Responders ability for quick response
Storm and flood water damage can be very destructive. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO of Northern Summit County has the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster. If you need assistance with storm or flooding call 1-800-648-1212.