SERVPRO of Northern Summit Technicians are HST Certified
Hiring any professional to come into your home can be overwhelming and stressful, there are so many options available and it’s hard to know who to choose. When the issue in your home is potentially dangerous the stress can be even more apparent. You need to know who you can trust to keep your family safe. At SERVPRO of Northern Summit, all of our technicians are HST certified it is our mission to keep you and your family safe at home.
What is HST certified?
The Health and Safety Technician certification provides required health and safety awareness training for anyone performing restoration or mold remediation. The course is designed to reduce risks and improve safety on the job by providing learners with a good understanding of the key OSHA-mandated health and safety training topics related to restoration and mold remediation.
This course focuses on:
- Local Safety and Health Regulations
- Hazard Assessment / Risk Management and Control Implementation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe Walking and Working Surfaces, Ladders, Scaffolds
- Electrical, Hazardous Energy, Confined Space
- Hazard Communication of Chemicals (Global Harmonized System)
- Exit Routes, Emergency Plans / Preparedness and Fire Protection
- Hazardous Materials
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Exposure Control Plans
- Miscellaneous subjects: (Metals, Sharps, Ergonomics, substance abuse and workplace violence)
Why is it important?
IICRC or The Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification is a nonprofit that helps to set globally recognized standards for these areas. Ensuring our technicians receive this training gives you confidence in knowing they have the training to provide the highest quality of work and utilize the most effective processes known.
At SERVPRO of Northern Summit, we understand how important it is to feel secure in who you allow in your home to take care of any health or safety concerns. You can trust that our technicians will resolve these concerns professionally and with the knowledge each has learned in the many certifications required to be a SERVPRO technician. If you have health or safety concerns in your home call SERVPRO of Northern Summit today and they will take care of any and all of your needs.